Cloud, mobile and next generation platforms have created an expectancy for the latest product and content in any place and at any time. As the Agile supercharger, continuous delivery has been shown to bring with it faster time-to-market, reduced risk, lower costs and better products – all with greater frequency. Technology enables the process and continuous delivery makes the speed of change intense.
As consumers, we all enjoy the benefits of continuous delivery. But as members of the localization industry, what does this mean for us? When our clients or company management insist on it, how do we fit localization into the continuous delivery process? How do we manage the triangle of cost, quality and time in such a fast-paced production environment? How do we take advantage of this environment to grow global revenues and differentiate our global brand? These are key questions. The answers to which are critical as we adapt to the world of continuous delivery. This is the focus of LocWorld33 Shenzhen, China. Perhaps you have answers or perhaps you have your own questions. We solicit your proposals.
The 2017 theme, “Continuous Delivery”, is not meant to restrict the content of the conference. We encourage presenters to submit proposals that fit with the theme or the general interest areas listed below:
- ADVANCED LOCALIZATION MANAGEMENT: This track, the heart of LocWorld, continues to provide the latest information on trends, processes, technologies and influences that shape the world of localization.
- GLOBAL BUSINESS: Experienced business people provide practical insights for companies that want to venture with confidence into new international markets.
- GLOBAL WEB: Leading companies, each with an outstanding web presence, offer their expertise for launching and maintaining a worldwide web platform.
- LSP TRACK: This track presents information about how to run better organizations and increase the profitability of language service providers.
- LOCALIZATION CORE COMPETENCIES: An introductory track for companies that need to localize, but are unsure where to start.
- TAUS: With technology taking an increasingly larger role in translation, this track focuses on best practices and solutions for automating translation and evaluating translation quality, and on how systems and services all work together through standards and application programming interfaces.
- CONTENT STRATEGY: Explores the need for content strategy, content standards and repeatable processes and examines the role of translation and localization in our mobile, global, on-demand world.
- TECHNICAL: This new track is more about the how than the why. It looks at the application of cutting-edge localization standards and technologies that improve global user experience through innovative globalization automation, best practices, techniques, and tools.
- Proposal submission deadline: October 28, 2016
- Notification of accepted proposals: December 5-9, 2016
- Rough draft of presentation due: January 17, 2017
- Final presentation due: February 14, 2017
- LocWorld33 Shenzhen: February 28-March 2, 2017
- Online submission form: bit.ly/2dqNnL0
LocWorld brings together professionals who are engaged in the business of adapting products, services and communications to an international audience so as to appear native to that particular region. With an emphasis on creating a friendly atmosphere that puts newcomers at ease and welcomes old friends with a smile, the conference provides ample opportunities for networking and doing business. The strong main program, a preconference day of in-depth workshops, the full exhibit hall and networking events allow attendees to increase their knowledge, develop profitable strategies and form new alliances.
The October 2016 conference in Montreal attracted 73 presentation submissions, of which 26 were accepted (acceptance rate of 35%).